The Adventures Of Glennjamin In Europe

Saturday, May 21, 2005

day 2 in London

Hi from drizzly London! There actually were a few minutes of sunshine this afternoon... I took a picture to commemorate the occasion.

Woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather, but moved my bags out of my room to storage (I had to check into a different room tonight). Then I headed out to the nearby tube station and bought myself a return ticket to Regents Park.

Regents Park is huge. It takes quite a while to walk from Regents Park underground station on the south side to the London Zoo on the northern side of the park. I had a voucher from the hostel giving me a discount on entry, which was nice.

I got to see quite a few rare and endangered animals, like Asian lions, an Amur leopard, and some newborn tortoises. There was also a 9-day-old African Crested Porcupine in a display with its parents.

Caught the tube back to London Bridge. Navigating tube stations is an adventure in itself. Waterloo Station has about four lines running through it, plus the aboveground railway station. There are tunnels and concourses and escalators and signs everywhere. But I made it back successfully!

Signing off...

Glennjamin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home