The Adventures Of Glennjamin In Europe

Sunday, August 28, 2005

That last post reminded me of another recent msn conversation. It didn't take long to progress (or is it regress?) into puns...

I'd been chatting with Scott Peacock, a fellow MK I knew from my Ghana years. Earlier in the conversation, I'd mentioned that I saw a resemblance between Scott as I'd last seen him, and the character Gibson Praise from the X-Files. Discussion of our hair/beards led us to the following...


Glenn: friend of my parents occasionally called me Colin by mistake
Scott: That kid does look like me..
Glenn: ha ha
Scott: People at funerals come up to tim and say, "You're wes's son."
Scott: All three Peacock males also sound similar on the phone.
Glenn: i get confused for dad all the time on the phone...
Glenn: at my grandfather's funeral, there were strangers who knew who I was from the "family nose"...
Scott: Yeah, these are things that we don't really control.
Glenn: not unless we have friends in either the gene-splicing or plastic-surgery fields...
Scott: I don't really want friends in those fields. Eww!
Glenn: he he...
Glenn: my face is fine the way it is... although i lost weight in norway .... my baggy jeans could do with a bit of splicing
Scott: Well, I shouldn't speak hastily.
Scott: A lot of girls study science and stuff like that.
Glenn: da dum ching! first pun of the evening...
Scott: ooh, you better zip it quick.
Glenn: great rejoinder
Glenn: i bow to your mastery of the witty repartee
Scott: Well, it's not witty, really.
Scott: But it is off the cuff so it has some merit.
Glenn: just thinking about meeting a plastic surgeon... or if you got the phone # of the (probably) female receptionist...
Glenn: lol at your last remark...
Glenn: how would that receptionist recognise you on your date?... with a new face and all...
Scott: That's true.
Glenn: i'm not quite at the stage where i need to book myself into hospital to meet people...
Scott: You'd have to give your last name, and tell her to look you up sometime.
Scott: That's true. I'm still not at the level of the ambulance chasers.
Glenn: i'm just patiently waiting...
Glenn: not a patient-in-waiting...
Scott: Arghhh! It burns, it burns!
Glenn: i'm going to go get some sleep now...
Scott: A wise idea.
Glenn: it's been good catching up
Scott: Yes, definiately. I may write an e-mail...
Scott: Is it still glenn_in_japan?
Glenn: yes.
Glenn: i'm not in japan but my email account is in denial...
Scott: I thought so.
Glenn: denial? but that's in Egypt.....
Scott: Boo!
Glenn: sorry...
Scott: I bet you get a torrent of spam that flood your in box
Glenn: the inundation of denial...
Glenn: and one day on my way back to the sunny land of oz i will pass through the northern land of canada
Glenn: thou art in edmonton?
Scott: I never knew that Canada was on the way to Australia.
Scott: Yeah, verily.
Scott: oops yea
Glenn: UK - Canada - USA - Australia... i get more baggage
Scott: Ahh...A canny wanderer.
Glenn: and I get to see all my Canadian and American MKs...
Glenn: and finally get to meet some Gomers (Third Day fans) in person...
Glenn: so i know people in NB, ON, AB, BC...
Scott: Sounds good..
Glenn: WA, CA, KA, WV...
Scott: NWT?
Glenn: NWT... who lives there?
Glenn: I know one person from saskatchewan
Scott: Ummm... Don't ask difficult questions.
Glenn: lol
Scott: One of these days I'll have to go travelling.
Glenn: I tried to make puns about Canada... but they were having none of it...
Scott: No? Why not?
Glenn: reread those last three words...
Scott: Yeah, I should have figured.
Glenn: :)
Glenn: think my canadian visa will get revoked now?
Scott: Problem is that pun is just too provincial for my taste.
Glenn: nice one...
Scott: Well, it is my home turf...
Glenn: yu kon talk...
Scott: Boo!
Scott: If you continue like this, Alaskya ta leave
Glenn: I guess I'll have to skip the North and visit South America... ON TA RIO!
Scott: Dang! You're sucking me dry!
Glenn: couldn't fit Saskatchwan or Newfoundland into puns...
Scott: Nah, theyre tough.
Scott: You could probably fit PEI into one though.
Scott: Yes, it really is that small ;)
Glenn: You know, man, a 'tober baby I am
Scott: Boo!! Boo!!
Glenn: sorry... that was well worth boos...
Glenn: I should get a prize... do I win a peg?
Scott: I'm citying out now.
Glenn: OUGHTA WArn ya, I can go on all night...
Scott: Yes, at this point you can claim victoria


I was in England. He was in Canada. Ah, the fun you can have via modern technology these days.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Minifigs & Monsters said...

isn't it uncanny? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home