The Adventures Of Glennjamin In Europe

Sunday, June 12, 2005

What I did today...

Today I caught the hostel shuttle bus into the city. Then I walked up Princes Street towards Waverley (the bus didn't go all the way in to the station because of the Edinburgh Marathon closing off streets this morning). Looked at a lot of shops.

Scored a £2 voucher from Boots by taking part in a Market Research thing where I got asked a lot of questions about food packaging and health information.

Bought a paintbrush and a set of watercolour pencils. Bought a Clan MacFie tartan tie.

Walked up the Royal Mile towards the castle, and checked out the Spirit Of The Tattoo free display. The Tattoo is in August and I might just book myself a cheap ticket if possible...

I didn't go in to the castle today. Instead I walked down the winding path through the West Princes Street Gardens, to a bench on the other side which luckily was undercover, protected from the rain which kept stopping and starting all day (but never very hard). While sitting there I painted my first postcard on my set of make-your-own postcards I'd got at the National Gallery in London. It was a view of Edinburgh Castle on top of the hill over the treetops.

1 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twas a very good view that he did drew! To Glenn say I thankyou!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home