The Adventures Of Glennjamin In Europe

Monday, June 13, 2005

Loch Ness

I went to Loch Ness today on a bus trip... got to go on a cruise up the loch and see Urquhart Castle. The water of Loch Ness is black. Really black, and as the boat moves along it churns up a brownish-gold wake, instead of the usual white. The bottom of the loch is filled with lots of silt and lots and lots of peat.

I also saw a highland cow, or "heeland coo", and painted a picture of it. Haven't decided who'll get that postcard yet. I also painted a picture of the Urquhart Castle ruins as seen from the boat.

Now in a different hostel, on in the same chain as the one I stayed at in London. It's much closer to town, just across Market Street from the train station. The last one I stayed in was 15 minutes away by bus, near the shore at Cramond.

More later.

Glennjamin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home