The Adventures Of Glennjamin In Europe

Friday, June 17, 2005

Dinner with rellies

Last night I caught a bus over to the south side of Edinburgh and had dinner with my grandfather's cousin, her husband, and one of my dad's cousins up from London. It was strange at first - they all knew who I was, and even though I'd met them before, I still had to figure out the exact family connection. :)

There were two of Pop's paintings in their dining room, ones that he'd painted in Scotland before emigrating. One was dated 1955, the other 1957, and they were both signed with a scrawled signature "PSDavies" not unlike my "MGDavies" scrawl. One of his later watercolours in their living room was signed with the more familiar printed capitals "Philip Davies". Just an interesting thing I thought I'd mention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home